Friday, January 27, 2006

A PICTURE IS WORTH A THOUSAND WORDS

My first reaction was a Miss Snark infamous saying...wt*...if you know her...you get the drift!

Man...sometimes I've got no clue what people are thinking...ROFLOL!!

Yes, a picture is worth a thousand words, but those words are lost in my head, rolling around in there, knocking on the backside of my eyeballs, trying to get out. Alas I must restrain myself because some impressionable grown men may get a taste of new words to add to their vocabularies!

Here's more words, that make for real Hallmark moments...We need to have e-blog cards to send!

Rejected Hallmark Cards

"Looking back over the years that we've been together, I can't help but wonder:...
-- What was I thinking?"

"Congratulations on your wedding day!...
-- Too bad no one likes your wife."

"How could two people as beautiful as you....
-- have such an ugly baby?"

"I've always wanted to have someone to hold, someone to love...
-- After having met you, I've changed my mind."

"I must admit, you brought Religion in my life...
-- I never believed in Hell until I met you."

"As the days go by, I think of how lucky I am...
-- that you're not here to ruin it for me."

"As you grow older, Mum, I think of all the gifts you've given me...
-- Like the need for therapy."

"Thanks for being a part of my life!!!...
-- I never knew what evil was before this!"

"Before you go...I would like you to take this knife out of my back.
-- You'll probably need it again."

"Someday I hope to get married...
-- but not to you."

"You look great for your age...
-- Almost Lifelike!"

"When we were together, you always said you'd die for me...
-- Now that we've broken up, I think it's time you kept your promise."

"I knew the day would come when you would leave me for my best friend...
-- So here's his leash, water bowl and chew toys."

"We have been friends for a very long time...
-- What do you say we call it quits?"

"I'm so miserable without you...
-- It's almost like you're here."

"Congratulations on your new bundle of joy...
-- Did you ever find out who the father was?"

"You are such a good friend that if we were on a sinking ship and there was only one life jacket...
-- I'd miss you heaps and think of you often."

16 Comments:

  1. nessili said...
    Ack! Eyewash! Eyewash! Actually, Nascar is a religion down here, and St. Dale one of its martyrs. People drive around with "Cruisin' in Memory of #3" on the back windows of their RAVs (Redneck Assault Vehicle :D ) or jacked-up pickup trucks. My husband and I wanted to print up bumper stickers that said "3's dead. Get over it." But we figured we'd be tarred and feathered and run out of town. Especially since my husband is most definitely a Yankee. Oh yeah, I guess I am too. By birth anyway. I've put down such deep roots here in Virginia that sometimes I forget I was born in Vermont.
    Bernita said...
    There are guys THAT hairy?
    Ric said...
    Picking on the guys again??
    A Human Bean said...
    I think you have a great start on some new cards. I would invest in that business except I think I would have to ask God for forgiveness every time on sold.
    Dennie McDonald said...
    You said it ALL!
    Dana Y. T. Lin said...
    "I must admit, you brought Religion in my life...
    -- I never believed in Hell until I met you."

    This is how I feel everytime my stuff gets edited by a Bunion.
    Bonnie Calhoun said...
    Oh...Dana...coffee shooting out the nose...ROFLOL...that's great!

    Ric, I'm sorry...but any guy that looks like that deserves to be picked on....You back doesn't need to be shaved, does it???

    Dennie, Bean...amen!

    Yes, Bernita there is a Santa...er, uh, oh...wrong subject. Yea there are guys like that. that's why they created Drano, to unplug the shower drain!

    Nessili, don't use this as an excuse to not send out that manuscript....I know you can still see! LOL
    Ivan Prokopchuk said...
    Hi Bonnie,
    You've been kinda quiet on other people's blogs the last couple of days. Kinda miss your astute comments.
    Just saying hello here.
    Ivan
    Bonnie Calhoun said...
    Sorry, Ivan...been kinda' busyyyyy!

    I need a way to stick about six more hours in the day!I'm trying to get some writing and rewriting accomplished. Now I'm working on rebuilding our church website.....More hours....I need more hours!

    Thanks for the shout!
    Jean-Luc Picard said...
    Where can I get these cards from?
    Dennie McDonald said...
    Bonnie - if you ever figure out a way to add those hours - be sure to let me know!

    I'm trying to get my edits done on top of everything else - but it is a good kind of stress - if there is such a thing!
    Ivan Prokopchuk said...
    You're an insider, Bonnie.
    We can tell.
    Shelley said...
    That pic was only worth 4 words for me..."Ewwwww! That is gross!"
    Jennifer said...
    Oh. My. Gosh. That is just nasty!

    Those cards are great. You know, I think there is really a market for those kind of sentiments. You could be a billionare!
    M. C. Pearson said...
    "I must admit, you brought Religion in my life...
    -- I never believed in Hell until I met you."

    LOL

    Gee, who did you get the hairy man picture from....
    M. G. Tarquini said...
    I miss the days when people got dressed to go out in public.

    yes, Bernita, there are guys THAT hairy. I married one.

    Dana - so nice to be appreciated.

Post a Comment