Saturday, January 16, 2010

Low Carb Chicken Wings & Sauce


This is what's for dinner tonight!

My favorite recipe for Buffalo Chicken wings is really easy and totally low carb!

Take two dozen chicken wings,  spread them out on a cookie sheet or baking pan (that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray) with the skin sides up. Bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour or until crispy (if they're honkin' huge wings it may take about 15 more minutes or so, and if they are smaller it may take a little less.)

Now...we don't toss our crispy wings in sauce that makes them soggy. There's nothing I like worse than biting into a rubbery wing that snaps back when I try to pull of the meat! Ack!

We serve our sauces for dipping the wings, that way my husband can have his fire engine hot, and I can have mine medium. Hubby also like to dip his in Blue Cheese...but that is not low carb!

Recipe for my sauce:

1/4 cup Louisiana Hot Sauce (or Red Hot, or whatever kind you use)
4 Tbsp Butter (real butter...no using I Can't Believe stuff)
1 tsp garlic powder
1tsp onion powder

Now you can alter those amounts of each ingredient to taste. I also sometimes change-up and add a 1/2 cup of low carb Bar-B-Que sauce to give it a different tangy taste.

Without the BBQ sauce added to the mixture, the wings w/sauce is ZERO carbs. But even Lo-Carb BBQ sauce will have a small amount in it, so be vigilant of how much you use and consume

by Bonnie Calhoun

3 Comments:

  1. Jane Selman said...
    Your sauce sounds delicious. I will be giving it a try tonight. Thanks.
    Queen Anne said...
    I love chicken recipes. It's my favorite meat in the whole wide world. Thanks for sharing, this will be a part of my menu plan this week. Looking forward for more. Thanks
    Bonnie S. Calhoun said...
    All cheese in not created equal. Rule of thumb...the harder the cheese, the less the carbs. The softer the cheese...the more the carbs.

Post a Comment