Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Exercise...The Continuing Saga

by Bonnie Calhoun

It's Tuesday...people are voting in New Hampshire, Hillary was weeping (I don't know if that exactly makes her look presidential), and the world goes on!

Well this is a good example of just what exercise will get for you...so knock it off!

Walking can add minutes to your life. This enables you at 85 years old to spend an additional 5 months in a nursing home at $5000 per month.

My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was 60. Now she's 97 years old and we don't know where the hell she is.

The only reason I would take up exercising is so that I could hear heavy breathing again.

I joined a health club last year, spent about 400 bucks. Haven’t lost a pound. Guess you actually have to go.

I have to exercise early in the morning before my brain figures out what I'm doing.

I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me.

I have flabby thighs, but fortunately my stomach covers them.

The advantage of exercising every day is that you die healthier.

If you are going to try cross-country skiing, start with a small country.

And last but not least: I don't exercise because it makes the ice jump right out of my glass.


"Another alligator attack!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment