Thursday, October 11, 2007

My Li'l Sweet Tater Has Arrived!!!!

by Bonnie Calhoun


Wahoo...7lbs 7oz, 20 inches long, born at 2:51PM on Tuesday! Introducing my beautiful granddaughter, Becca Renee Pospisil. And the grownups are my daughter, Heather and her husband Bryan.

TAILEND Riddle

You are driving in a car at a constant speed. On your left side is a big drop, and on your right there is a fire engine traveling at the same speed as you. In front of you, running side by side, are a pig and horse.

You cannot overtake them.

Behind is a helicopter chasing you at ground level.

What can you do to safely get out of this dangerous situation?

[answer at end]

I was listening to a lady who called a radio pastor.

The pastor was a wise, grandfatherly gentleman who has that calm reassuring voice that can melt all fear.

The lady, who was obviously crying, said, "Pastor, I was born blind, and I've been blind all my life. I don't mind being blind but I have some well meaning friends who tell me that if I had more faith I could be healed."

The pastor asked her, "Tell me, do you carry one of those white canes?"

"Yes I do," she replied.

"Then the next time someone says that hit them over the head with the cane," he said. "Then tell them 'If you had more faith that wouldn't hurt!'"

[Answer: Get off the children's merry-go-round]

5 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    She's beautiful! Congratulations!!
    Ron Southern said...
    Sweet potato? Don't eat her! She may not be good for you. Not until she's house-broke. What did you say her name was: Becca Popsickle? If not, it will be by the first grade!
    Bonnie S. Calhoun said...
    LOL Ron! *snort* You are such a goober. If they start calling her that, I know where Texas is! LOL
    Anonymous said...
    Bonnie, she's gorgeous!! I love being a grandma, don't you?
    Bonnie S. Calhoun said...
    This is so cool Vicki...LOL...I almost feel like a grownup!

    Oh, wait! I am a grownup...LOL...but I can give her back when she is hungry or wet...LOL!

Post a Comment