Friday, December 14, 2007

Three Good Arguments

by Bonnie Calhoun




3 Good Arguments

My Cajun friend had 3 good arguments that Jesus was a Cajun:



1. He liked to serve fish to his friends.

2. He could make his own wine

3. He wasn't afraid of water.

My Black friend had 3 good arguments that Jesus was Black:

1. He called everyone "brother."

2. He liked Gospel.

3. He couldn't get a fair trial.

My Italian friend gave his 3 equally good arguments that Jesus was Italian:

1. He talked with his hands.

2. He had wine with every meal.

3. He used olive oil.

My California friend also had 3 equally good arguments that Jesus was a
Californian:

1. He had a beard.

2. He walked around barefoot all the time.

3. He started a new religion.

My Irish friend then gave his 3 equally good arguments that Jesus was Irish:

1. He never got married.

2. He was always telling stories.

3. He loved green pastures.

But, my women friends have the most compelling evidence that Jesus,
though NOT a woman, certainly could relate to women:

1. He fed a crowd at a moment's notice when there was no food.

2. He kept trying to get a message across to a bunch of men who just
didn't get it.

3 And, even when he was dead, he had to get up because there was more
work to do. Amen to that

4 Comments:

  1. Donna Alice said...
    Guess that's something we all want to do---create God in OUR own image and likeness.

    Thanks for the laugh and grin to start my writing stint.
    Martin Lindsey said...
    Ha ha ha. That's a good one. Long time no hear Bonnie. How's life treating you?

    Happy holidays to you and yours. Here's a link a just came across on my MyBlogLog page. I think you'll like it. It's called Guerilla Evangelism.

    http://guerrillaevangelism.org/

    Have a great rest of the week.
    Georgiana Daniels said...
    I love it! He relates to all!
    Bonnie S. Calhoun said...
    LOL...you're right...but I don't like it that you can't put happy Feet over here :-)

Post a Comment