Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Ode' to Wilma's Nor'eastern

Welcome to my world.......We got six inches of snow today!

That's my magnolia tree that's bent down in the top left picture!

The picture on the right is my pond. Ice skating will be soon!


Dashing thru the snow..(to get to the car that flew into the hay field)
In a one-horse open sleigh..(the only thing that can get under the low hanging trees)
O'r the fields we go...(another car skidded off the road and flew into a corn field)
Laughing all the way...(At the SUV upside down in the ditch)
Bells on bobtails ring..(the bells were on the fire truck, directing traffic, but what in God's name is a bobtail)
Making spirits bright.....(fog and white out snow go great together—real bright)
What fun it is.......(yea...great fun..a 15 minute trip home took 40 minutes)
To ride and sing...(gloom, despair and agony on me, deep dark depression, excessive misery)
A sleighing song tonight....(The sleigh better have a plow leading it down the road)

The guy in the SUV was fine. His pride was just hurt!

10 Comments:

  1. M. C. Pearson said...
    All right chicky poo, I love the snow...be happy...add a snow storm to your book. La la la dancing in the snow!
    Anonymous said...
    Wow Bonnie! In Rochester we got RAIN! ALL DAY LONG!! The rain must be payback for accelerator woes....I prefer snow!

    Love your blog. Thank you for contributing to good content on the internet.

    Jayne
    www.referencetable.net
    www.developingwebs.net
    www.dwphotographs.com
    Bonnie S. Calhoun said...
    How cool is that, Jayne...I thought you were here locally with me.....to funny...you sound so close...on the phone!
    M. C. Pearson said...
    Oh, fine! Don't comment on my comment! Just joshin'...when are you going to post your review of Dark Star?????
    Live, Love, Laugh said...
    Bonnie, those pics are breathtaking! We haven't had snow like that in Texas in years. I hope we get it this year. I want a white Christmas!
    Ron said...
    Hi Bonnie!

    I saw your post on Joe's blog, and I wanted to invite you over to mine as well. I am always interested in sharing with others who have a love and passion for others, as this is what we were created for! Hope to interact with you soon!
    Val said...
    Gorgeous pics, Bonnie! Jayne's right we got a whole lot of rain (fortunately our basement didn't flood this time).

    I like snow better (when I'm inside looking out), but I'm glad we stayed with just rain. My husband's 20 minute commute takes 35-40 minutes in the snow. :-)
    Shelley L. MacKenzie said...
    Keep that snow there...don't want any up here yet!! We are getting rain and winds (both were strong last night) and apparently they are from Wilma...though from my understanding she's out in the ocean. Guess these are tail winds maybe?
    Anonymous said...
    I always thought it was "bells on Bob's tail ring" and that Bob was the horse. Or else a very inebriated individual...
    Bonnie S. Calhoun said...
    Since I'm self-employed and live 'up the mountain' when it snows six or seven inches, I call my store and tell me that I'm taking the day off and if I don't like it I can fire me....LOL...Who'll do the work?

    FYI..today is Wednesday...and it's all melted!

    PS. Nessili...I thought it was too until I looked it up. My husband's name is Bob, and believe me.....his tail does not ring!!:-)

Post a Comment