Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Email Mantra

I got this quite a while ago from my homegirl Debra Brand! Sorry Deb...I found the draft just lounging around!

Sometimes friends have to tell you things you might not like to hear, but need to. If you are one of those people who like to forward every e-mail you get, please repeat the following ...

1) I will NOT get bad luck, lose my friends, or lose my mailing lists if I DON'T forward an e-mail!

2) I will NOT hear any music or see a taco dog, if I do forward an e-mail.

3) Bill Gates is NOT going to send me money. Victoria Secret doesn't know anything about a gift certificate they're supposed to send me.

4) Ford will NOT give me a 50% discount even if I forward my e-mail to more than 50 people!

5) I will NEVER receive gift certificates, coupons, or freebies from Coca Cola, Cracker Barrel, Old Navy, or anyone else if I send an e-mail to 10 people.

6) I will NEVER see a pop-up window if I forward an e-mail! (If you do, you have a virus or trojan.)

7) There is NO SUCH THING as an e-mail tracking program and I am not STUPID enough to think that someone will send me $100 for forwarding an e-mail to 10 or more people!

8) There is NO kid with cancer through the Make-a-Wish program in England collecting anything! He did when he was 7 years old. He is now cancer free and 35 years old and DOESN'T WANT ANY MORE POST CARDS, or GET-WELL CARDS!

9) The government does not have a bill in Congress called 901B (or whatever they named it this week) that, if passed, will enable them to charge us 5 cents for every e-mail we send.

10) There will be NO cool dancing, singing, waving, colorful flowers, characters, or program that I will receive immediately after I forward an e-mail. NONE, ZIP, ZERO, NADA!!

11) The American Red Cross will NOT donate 50 cents to certain individuals dying of some never-heard-of disease for every e-mail address I send this to. The American Red Cross RECEIVES donations.

12) And finally, I WILL NOT let others guilt me into forwarding at email by telling me if I don't I am not their friend or that I'm a bad person.

Now, repeat this to yourself until you have it memorized, and send it along to at least 5 of your friends before the next full moon or you will gain twenty pounds in the next three months! (No, not really! If you believe that last statement, go back and read this message again!)

7 Comments:

  1. Stephen Newton said...
    Thanks for putting this online. I agree wholeheartedly with you on this one. When will people learn?
    Bernita said...
    So true, Bonnie.
    The delete button is there for a reason.
    Crystal said...
    My grandpa sent me the same thing, only it was an animated cartoon guy saying it. All that is very true!
    Vanda said...
    Hi ya Bonnie from across the pond. Sorry I haven't commentated,I've spend more time reading that I have reading and commenting blog entries.

    I never, ever forward any email that promise's anything. Most of the time I delete it before reading even if it's fror one of my lovely online friends.

    Pop over to me blog and say hello;-))
    Joe said...
    OK, so I refused to read any part of this email, so I am not sending it to any of my friends.

    But I HAVE gained 20 pounds.
    Anonymous said...
    Great, Bonnie. I can't wait to e-mail this to all my friends. You might want to add, "Madelyn O'Hare is dead and is not trying to ban Christian broadcasting."
    Mindy Tarquini said...
    Miss Snark suggested I download Firefox to view your blog.

    It worked.

    Very pretty.

Post a Comment