Friday, October 13, 2006

Ten Dollars

Well it's Friday again! Praise the Lord! I need the sleep-in tomorrow!

This week's Christian Fiction Blog Alliance book tour for Violette Between,by Alison Strobel is a resounding success! Violette Between is #1 on Technorati Popular Books!

Thanks goes out to all of our CFBA members. We are now 75 members strong!

Here's a money joke...It tickled me, so I had to pass it on!

Fred and his wife Edna went to the state fair every year. Every year Fred would say, "Edna, I'd like to ride in that there airplane." And every year Edna would say, "I know Fred, but that airplane ride costs ten dollars, and ten dollars is ten dollars."

One year Fred and Edna went to the fair and Fred said, "Edna, I'm 71 years old. If I don't ride that airplane this year I may never get another chance." Edna replied, "Fred that there airplane ride costs ten dollars, and ten dollars is ten dollars."

The pilot overheard them and said, "Folks, I'll make you a deal. I'll take you both up for a ride. If you can stay quiet for the entire ride and not say one word, I won't charge you, but if you say one word it's ten dollars."

Fred and Edna agreed and up they go. The pilot does all kinds of twists and turns, rolls and dives, but not a word is heard. He does all his tricks over again, but still not a word.

They land and the pilot turns to Fred, "By golly, I did everything I could think of to get you to yell out, but you didn't."

Fred replied, "Well, I was going to say something when Edna fell out of the plane, but ten dollars is ten dollars."

7 Comments:

  1. Bernita said...
    There's a moral in there somewhere...
    Gordon said...
    Now THAT is funny!
    David Meigs said...
    Props to you for all your hard work on the tour. Way to go!!!


    ... and ten dollars is ten dollars -- I loved it!
    Bonnie S. Calhoun said...
    Curm...this is a labor of love! I am in such great company...the CFBA rocks!
    Stephen Newton said...
    Bonnie, I now have my own copy of Self Editing for Fiction Writers and it's a great resource. BTW, how was the writer's conference you attended a while back? Did you get to pitch your book?
    Anonymous said...
    LOL! What a joke!
    Anonymous said...
    Thanks for posting here, too, and for all your work as the CFBA's fearless leader! You rock!

    -Alison
    blog.alisonstrobel.com

Post a Comment