Monday, May 14, 2007

Hey...It's Monday

Okay so I've been really busy...If you notice my cool icon at the top of the left column, I've been designated as a Blog*Star by the Google/Blogger help boards.

LOL...This means I officially have no life. That I spend most of my time on the Blogger Help boards dispensing advice to wayward Bloggers that are lost in the maze of Google and Blogger.

But it's fun! It's a lot of fun to teach someone to do something that they didn't know how to do before. I remember being on that end of the stick. Knowledge is power, and the more you understand Blogger, the greater the fun...so ask away!!

And my second great news. The official brochure for the Greater Philadelphia Christian Writers Conference for August 9th thru 11th is available HERE. If you look at Page 3...the faculty page...you will see me!!! That's right! I'm a faculty member this year, using my title as the Director of the Christian Fiction Blog Alliance. And what...do you ask...am I teaching?? Blogging of course! The course will be titled Christian Blogging In A Secular World.

And now....some words of wisdom for the day!!! *snort*

At one time in my life, I thought I had a handle on the meaning of the word "service."

"It's the act of doing things for other people."

Then I heard these terms which reference the word SERVICE:

Internal Revenue Service

Postal Service

Telephone Service

Civil Service

City & County Public Service

Customer Service

Service Stations

Then I became confused about the word "service." This is not what I thought "service" meant.

So today, I overheard two farmers talking, and one of them said he had hired a bull to "service " a few of his cows. BAM! It all came into perspective. Now I understand what all those "service" agencies are doing to us.

I hope you now are as enlightened as I am.

3 Comments:

  1. Bernita said...
    Yep.
    The act of doing things TO other people.
    Anonymous said...
    hhehehehe.
    M. C. Pearson said...
    Rub it in that you are teaching and I'm not! Phhhhtttt! LOL. Philly. Hmph.

Post a Comment