Wednesday, April 18, 2007

I LOVE NEW YORK

by Bonnie Calhoun

I'm a New Yorker...waddaya want! I LOVE NEW YORK!! Hey it looks like Regis will be back on with KathyLee sorry, Kelly!...really soon. I'm glad his heart surgury went well. We luv ya Reg!

I think the sadness at Virginia Tech is more than I can bear. I can't even talk about it. I'm still praying for all of those hurting families who are suffering so horribly. I watched the assembly and was encouraged by the sheer mass of people that attended today.



And here's something to try and cheer me up!

Three women - one German, one Japanese and a hillbilly were sitting naked in a sauna. Suddenly there was a beeping sound.

The German pressed her forearm and the beep stopped. The others looked at her questioningly. "That was my pager," she said. "I have a microchip under the skin of my arm."

A few minutes later, a phone rang. The Japanese woman lifted her palm to her ear. When she finished, she explained, "That was my mobile phone. I have a microchip in my hand."

The hillbilly woman felt decidedly low tech. Not to be outdone, she decided she had to do something just as impressive. She stepped out of the sauna and went to the bathroom. She returned with a piece of toilet paper hanging from her behind. The others raised their eyebrows and stared at her. The hillbilly woman finally said, "Well, will you look at that, I'm gettin' a fax."

1 Comment:

  1. Paris David said...
    It's good to hear that ol' Reg is coming back. (And don't worry, Kelly Ripa knows most folks still call her Kathy Lee ;-) )

    The Virginia Tech thing...I just keep reading about the gunman, learning more about his sadness and loneliness.

    According to his horribly mean and violent writings, he may have been abused as a child.

    So, so devastating...

Post a Comment