Tuesday, September 25, 2007

The Gravy Ladle...and Curious Cat!

by Bonnie Calhoun

Times flies and I get older every day...*sigh*...I need chocolate! Here's a funny while I go unwrap a few pieces


John invited his mother over for dinner.

During the meal, his mother couldn't help noticing how attractive and shapely the housekeeper was.

Over the course of the evening, she started to wonder if there was more between John and the housekeeper than met the eye.

Reading his mom's thoughts, John volunteered, "I know what you must be thinking, but I assure you, my relationship with my housekeeper is purely professional."

About a week later, the housekeeper came to John and said, "Ever since your mother came to dinner, I've been unable to find the beautiful silver gravy ladle. You don't suppose she took it, do you?"

John said, "Well, I doubt it, but I'll write her a letter just to be sure."
So he sat down and wrote:

"Dear Mother, I'm not saying you 'did' take a gravy ladle from my house, and I'm not saying you 'did not' take a gravy ladle. But the fact remains that one has been missing ever since you were here for dinner."

Several days later, John received a letter back from his mother:

Dear Son, I'm not saying that you 'do' sleep with your housekeeper, and I'm not saying that you 'do not' sleep with your housekeeper. But the fact remains that if you were sleeping in your own bed, you would have found the gravy ladle by now."

Love, Mom.


"I got my drink of water...now what do I do?"

1 Comment:

  1. Anonymous said...
    A nice picture and a sweet cat. great.

Post a Comment