Friday, November 10, 2006

Beverage Alert...and Maxine

UPDATED:
Hey go checkout the interview Jessica Dotta did with me over at Novel Journey for the CFBA!

Wahoo! I made it to Friday. What with all the election hoopla, this week just flew by. Alas another week of my life gone...never to be reclaimed! *sigh* I aught to make movies, so that I know what I do all week. Alas, I'd probably ask for my money back!

Alert....cover the keyboard!

John O'Reilly hoisted his beer and said, "Here's to spending the rest of me life, between the legs of me wife!"

That won him the top prize for the best toast of the night!

He went home and told his wife, Mary, "I won the prize for the best toast of the night."

She said, "Aye, what was your toast?"

John said, "Here's to spending the rest of me life, sitting in Church beside me wife."

"Oh that is very nice indeed, John!" Mary said.

The next day, Mary ran into one of John's toasting buddies on the street corner. The man chuckled leeringly and said, "John won the prize, the other night, with a toast about you, Mary."

She said, "Aye and I was a bit surprised me self! You know,he's only been there twice! Once he fell asleep, and the other time I had to pull him by the ears to make him come."



9 Comments:

  1. Scribbit said...
    Off the subject of your recent post, but I love some of your sidebar links on blogging, I'll be browsing them, thanks for the tips.
    pundy said...
    That's a brilliant joke. Made me laugh out loud. Thanks.
    Bernita said...
    A true case of "glibido," Bonnie!
    Anonymous said...
    a true beverage alert! Good one, Bonnie.
    Anonymous said...
    i saw your interview on noveljourney. it was great!
    Ballpoint Wren said...
    Heh, heh!

    That's a good one! My week has flown by, too.

    That interview was very interesting. I am so proud of you, Bonnie, and what you created!
    M. C. Pearson said...
    I'm sure glad I didn't have a mouthful of tea or anything. *breathe*

    Ooookaaaay. Bonnie! What were you thinking? Oh boy. Tie that kind of joke into an interview for the CFBA. Hmmmm.

    I must say, you are one of a kind m'dear. One. Of. A. Kind!
    Bonnie S. Calhoun said...
    Thanks Scribbit...watch that dialing finger!

    Pundy...I can't take credit for it...I just copied it!

    Bernita, I love those words you're putting up every day!

    Ric..I aim to please!

    Thanks Deborah...welcome to the group!

    Thank you Ballpoint...I'd say bonnie but I always feel like I'm talking to myself!

    Mimi...it's all in the timing...LOL...I had no idea the interview would be up today...or i might have chosen differently...uh,er...probably not! LOL!
    Anonymous said...
    A tale that is worth telling again and again.

Post a Comment