Wednesday, November 22, 2006

A Whole Lot Of Nothing...

Hey...it's Wednesday! That work day of the week for me. I gave myself the rest of the week off! Well tomorrow is Turkey Day, which brings two things to mind. Number one...I am truly thankful for my church family, my hometown friends, my blogging friends, and my Lord Jesus!

Then on another note, it brings the second thing to mind...turkey...LOL...and not the feather plucking kind. Nope, I'm not going to give him a link by mentioning his name.

These words I'm borrowing from Sarah Nelson's editorial entitled The Peoples Choice, "It used to be that publishing declared its morality, its values, its world view by the books it chose to publish. Now, it seems, the business declares itself by what it refuses to publish...I admit it's a weird turnaround. But, hey, I'll take it."

Progressing With Time...

2000 B.C. - Here, eat this root.

1000 A.D. - That root is heathen. Here, say this prayer.

1850 A.D. - That prayer is superstition. Here, drink this potion.

1940 A.D. - That potion is snake oil. Here, swallow this pill.

1985 A.D. - That pill is ineffective. Here, take this antibiotic.

2000 A.D. - That antibiotic is artificial. Here, eat this root.


Four Catholic Ladies...

Four Catholic ladies were having coffee. The first Catholic woman tells her friends "My son is a priest. When he walks into a room, everyone calls him 'Father'."

The second Catholic woman chirps, "My son is a bishop. Whenever he walks into a room, the people call him 'Your Grace'."

This third Catholic crone says, "My son is a cardinal. Whenever he walks into a room, people say 'Your Eminence'."

Since the fourth Catholic woman sips her coffee in silence, the first three women give her this subtle "Well...?" And she said "My son is a gorgeous, 6' 2" hard bodied stripper. When he walks into a room, people say, "Oh, my God..."

And last but not least...


Do you know the punishment for bigamy?? Two mothers-in-law.

A beggar walked up to a well dressed woman shopping on Rodeo Drive and said, "I haven't eaten anything in four days." She looked at him and said, "My God, I wish I had your willpower."

The last fight was my fault! My wife asked, "What's on the TV?" I said, "Dust!"

I haven't spoken to my wife for 18 months? I don't like to interrupt her.

I married Miss Right. I just didn't know her first name was Always.

3 Comments:

  1. Bernita said...
    These are terrific, Bonnie!
    ~ running downstairs to give my husband his daily Bonnie-fix~
    Anonymous said...
    Good for a morning giggle! Enjoy your long weekend!!
    Soul Reflections said...
    Hey, get to work!

Post a Comment