Thursday, March 09, 2006

THE FACTS OF LIFE

Wahoo...hump day went by so fast that I didn't even notice it! My life is passing before me in a blurr of fractured days and misshapen nights! I don't ever have enough time!

Not enough time to write, not enough time to read, not enough time to blog, not enough time to visit...I remember a Bible story (Joshua 10:12-13) where God made the sun and moon stand still for an entire day. What would you do if you had an entire extra day?

Sometimes I act like I've been dropped on my head...actually I was reading Forgiving Solomon Long by Chris Well, on the treadmill....got to a good part...forgot to walk....it wasn't a pretty picture. So let's just mull over the facts of life...

On the first day God created the cow...

God said, "You must go to field with the farmer all day long and suffer under the sun, have calves and give milk to support the farmer...for that I will give you a life span of sixty years."

The cow said, "That's kind of a tough life, you want me to live for sixty years...let me have twenty years and I'll give back the other forty."

God agreed.

On the second day, God created the dog...

God said, "Sit all day by the door of your house and bark at anyone who comes in or walks past...I'll give you a life span of twenty years."

The dog said, "That's too long to be barking... give me ten years and I'll give back the other ten."

So God agreed.

On the third day God created the monkey... God said, "Entertain people, do monkey tricks, make them laugh... I'll give you a twenty year life span."

The monkey said, "How boring, monkey tricks for twenty years? I don't think so...dog gave you back ten, so that's what I'll do too."

And God agreed again.

Now on the fourth day, God created man...God said, "Eat, sleep, play, have sex, enjoy...do nothing, just enjoy, enjoy... I'll give you twenty years."

Man said, "What...only twenty years? No way man, tell you what, I'll take my twenty...the forty cow gave back...the ten dog gave back and the ten monkey gave back... that makes eighty, okay?"

"Okay," said God, "You've got a deal!"

So this is why...for the first twenty years we eat, sleep, play, have sex, enjoy, and do nothing...

The next forty years we slave in the sun to support our family...

The next ten years we do monkey tricks to entertain our grandchildren...

The last ten years we sit in front of the house and bark at everybody...

Life has now been explained!

Thought For The Day



If things get any worse, I'll have to ask you to stop helping me.

5 Comments:

  1. Gordon said...
    I have some barking neighbors.
    Bernita said...
    "bark at everybody"...in between mewling and puking...
    Anonymous said...
    I'm 20 now...does that mean I don't get to do the things that 20 year olds are supposed to do?

    Man.
    Ballpoint Wren said...
    Oh, that's a cute one!

    Not enough time to write, not enough time to read, not enough time to blog, not enough time to visit.

    You are describing my life right now. Maybe it's the time of year? Whatever it is, there aren't enough hours in the day. I can't keep up.
    Anonymous said...
    OH, a good one, Bonnie.

    Explains a lot.

    Relax, girl, the weekend is coming.

Post a Comment