Monday, March 13, 2006

Three Strikes and a Slab

Wahoo! Monday again! Well, I'm hearing a ringing in my ear...and it's not the phone! That was out of service for most of Sunday afternoon. Funny, it didn't bother me that no one could call me...it just bugged the poop out of me that I couldn't get on line.

Oh, the ringing is the chimes from our Grandfather clock. The Clock Doctor came and set up our Howard Miller on Saturday morning. Love those Westminster chimes!

I filched this joke from my friend Debbie Brand. It was so cute I couldn't pass it up!

Once upon a time, these two women were talking and the one asks the other how many times she's been married, and the reply was 4.

"Four times!" exclaimed the first woman, "Why so many?"

So the other woman says, "Well, I first got married when I was very young, and I married this wonderful man who was a banker. However, one day just a few weeks after we were married, his bank was robbed and he was shot and killed."

"Oh my gosh, that's terrible," said the first woman.

"Well, it wasn't that tragic. Soon after that, I started seeing another man who performed in the circus. He was really a great guy, but he lived pretty dangerously because he performed his high-wire act without a net. Well, a few weeks after we got married, he was performing a show and suddenly a gust of wind came by and knocked him off his wire and he was killed."

"Your second husband was killed too?!!? That's horrible!"

"Yes, it was terrible, but at the funeral I fell in love with the minister and we got married soon after that. Unfortunately, one Sunday while he was walking to church, he was hit by a car and killed."

"Three??? Three husbands of yours were killed? How could you live through all that?"

"It was pretty tough, but then I met my present husband. And he's a wonderful man. I think we'll live a long happy life together."

"And what does your present husband do for a living?"

"He's a mortician."

"A mortician? I don't understand something here. First you marry a banker, then a circus performer, then a minister, and now a mortician? Why such a diverse grouping of husbands?"

"Well, if you think about it it's not too hard to understand...
One for the money...
Two for the show...
Three to get ready...
And four to go!"

Sorry Ric, this wasn't mine...LOL!

Check this out!


Go make a Word Cloud

3 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Good Joke.

    Hope you have a good week.
    Denise McDonald said...
    HA! good joke...

    I found the word cloud place too! getting me a T-shirt!
    Stephen Newton said...
    Bonnie,
    I've lost confidence in Torgo and asked him to delete my submission from his list to review. His style has changed so much that I still maintain it's not the same person. Call me crazy, but I'm over that blog.

    Mentioning your pond and its inhabitants makes me yearn for the northlands. I heard daffodills were showing themselves. Florida has been beautiful this winter, but it's like finding out that paradise is simply a big parking lot. There is no more open land in Florida or even a quaint little town. It's all millionaires and developers.

Post a Comment