Friday, April 21, 2006

Books, Blondes...and 3-D Street Art

Yesterday I went to our local christian store, Arrowhead Parable Christian Center. I discovered two of my favorite authors in close proximity to one another, so I had to go back and take a picture.

To the right of this post you'll see my blogging friend, Marilynn Griffith's latest book Pink.

And next week on April 26th, I'll be doing a book review for my other blogging buddy, Brandilyn Collins' new book Web Of Lies.

You see on the above picture that both books on the shelf are face out!!!...woohoo!!

Now a cute joke I found over at Sandra's....I don't know how I missed this one!

Who said blondes are stupid..........

Last year I replaced all the windows in my house with those expensive double-pane energy efficient kind.

But this week I got a call from the contractor complaining that his work had been completed a whole year ago and I had yet to pay for them.

Boy oh boy, did we go around! Just because I'm blonde doesn't mean that I'm automatically stupid.

So, I proceeded to tell him just what his fast talking sales guy had told me last year...that in one year the windows would pay for themselves.

There was silence on the other end of the line so I just hung up and I haven't heard back.

Guess I won that stupid argument!

And alas....this is the last 3-D street art picture!

Julian Beever is an English artist who's famous for his art on the pavement of England, France, Germany, USA, Australia and Belgium .

12 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Nice pic, Bonnie! Thanks for sharing. :) MG
    Mindy Tarquini said...
    That's not me. I don't use smileys.
    Bonnie S. Calhoun said...
    I figured it out! That's Marilyn Griffith, the writer!
    Joe said...
    I love it!

    I'll use that line when next I purchase something that will "pay for itself!"
    jel said...
    Hi Bonnie
    Denise McDonald said...
    Yea! on the books - that's great!

    The joke - HA - I'm gonna try that... nah - just kidding

    another fab pic!
    Bernita said...
    Priceless, Bonnie.
    "Pink" is such a great title.
    Sandra Ruttan said...
    Happy Friday Bonnie, and I look forward to reading the book review.

    I always loved BJ Hoff's books...
    Nephos said...
    I have enjoyed the 3-d pics. Sad to see them go!

    This one struck me as funny, because it appears as if the guy walking on the right is actually stepping around the "slab" cut-out.

    Thanks for the laughs, Bonnie.
    Kimber said...
    Great joke ;)

    Love those books ;)
    TheDen said...
    Hello Bonnie,

    Just want to let you know that you totally made my day.

    Thanks for the great posts.

    Dennis
    M. C. Pearson said...
    That is so cool! You found both books face out. I think I would've taken a picture too!

Post a Comment