Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Nuns and Flys...but the Nun Doesn't Fly!

I just love this picture...I had to add it!

"What part of Quiet didn't you understand?"





I stole this joke from my blogging friend Sandra...it was too good to resist...Thanks Sandra!


Sister Mary, who worked for a home health agency, was out making her rounds visiting homebound patients when she ran out of gas. As luck would have it, a gas station was just a block away. She walked to the station to borrow a gas can and buy some gas.

The attendant told her the only gas can he owned had been loaned out but she could wait until it was returned.

Since the nun was on the way to see a patient, she decided not to wait and walked back to her car. She looked for something in her car that she could fill with gas and spotted the bedpan she was taking to the patient.

Always resourceful she carried the bedpan to the station, filled it with gas, and carried the full bedpan back to her car. As she was pouring the gas into her tank, two men watched from across the street.

One of them turned to the other and said,"If it starts, I'm turning Catholic."


More 3-D street art by Julian Beever!


13 Comments:

  1. M. C. Pearson said...
    Wha wha wha...ar ar. I loved that. That art is way too cool.

    I posed a question to you on Seek...help!
    M. C. Pearson said...
    That is such a cute picture...it is how I feel most of the day with my boys! Ha!
    David Meigs said...
    If the price of gas keeps climbing, I'm going to convert too.
    Joe said...
    Don't get me started on the price of gas!

    That 3-D art is teriffic!
    jel said...
    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
    jel said...
    LOL I needed that thanks :)

    and thanks for stopping ny my place!


    have a great day!
    Sandra Ruttan said...
    I love that picture - reminds me of my husky babes.
    Denise McDonald said...
    ewwww er uh hahahahaha
    Gordon said...
    Kind of gives a new meaning to "holy water" doesn't it?
    Crystal said...
    Ewww! Squashed buggy!
    Crystal said...
    But cute puppies!
    anonymous jones said...
    Hi Bonnie! That must be an Australian fly.
    Thanks for visiting my blog - you are always welcome!
    Ballpoint Wren said...
    Heh! That's a good one!

Post a Comment