Monday, December 05, 2005

Animal Escapade - #6 and then some!!!

Over at Bonnie Wren's, her dog Mojo (the cujo of dogs) has found another item in the house....Personally I think the dog's part goat!

Here's another animal to...eh hem....enjoy:

There was a little old lady who was nearly blind, and she had three sons who wanted to prove which one was the best to her.

Son #1 bought her a 15-room mansion, thinking this would surely be the best that any of them could offer her.

Son #2 bought her a beautiful Mercedes with a chauffeur included, thinking this would surely win her approval.

Son #3 had to do something even better, so he bought her a parrot that he had been training for 15 years to memorize the entire Bible. You could ask the parrot any verse in the Bible, and he could quote it word for word. What a gift that would be.

Well, the old lady went to the first son and said, "Son, the house is just gorgeous, but it's really much too big for me. I only live in one room, and it's too large to clean and take care of. I really don't need the house, but thank you anyway."

Then she confronted her second son with, "Son, the car is beautiful. It has everything you could ever want on it, but I don't drive and really don't like the chauffeur, so please return the car."

Next, she went to Son #3 and said, "Son, I just want to thank you for your most thoughtful gift. That chicken was delicious."

13 Comments:

  1. Joe said...
    Poor parrot!

    He must have hated being mistaken for a chicken.
    Ballpoint Wren said...
    Ha! That's a good one, Bonnie! (And thanks for the mention, lady.)

    Pat Kirby had a really funny "parrot gift" joke you might like. Check her out!
    Denise McDonald said...
    Good thing I had just set down my coffee or I'd be wiping off the screen about now!!!
    An Ordinary Christian said...
    How do you come up with all this stuff? You're funny!
    Stephen Newton said...
    Bonnie,
    I laughed when you mentioned French Fries. The exhaust on Scott's RV does smell like a fast food joint....smells like French Fries cooking. It always amazes me when people run for political office. I've helped a number become elected officials...judges, representatives, etc., and they are driven by complex reasons that have sometimes, little to do with helping people.

    What are you working on these days. Will we ever hear from Torgo again?
    Bonnie S. Calhoun said...
    I'm working on the first draft of my third novel.

    #1 is still with the publisher
    #2 is sitting there waiting for me to finish it.
    #3 is what I did for NaNoWriMo, so since it's so close in my head, I decided to finish that one before #2. I just haven't updated the WIP meter!

    I think we tired Torgo out. He was probably overwhelmed with critiques, but he really hasn't gone but what, one or two past mine and I sent that in during August. So he must have literally hundreds!
    Jean-Luc Picard said...
    Great story, Bonnie!

    Thanks for visiting my Journal. Day Two is running now.
    Ciera said...
    Reminds me of the joke about the parrot that had a problem with swearing...the new owner ended up putting him in the freezer and when he came out he was all proper and dignified and asking what the turkey had done!! LOL

    ps - it is a pretty cool pic isn't it. :)
    Bonnie S. Calhoun said...
    Ciera, you are all deja vu today...the joke about the parrot in the freezer, that's the one that Ballpoint wren is referencing in her above comment. And the Eye of God picture, I used it for a post back in October: Eye of God
    Shelley L. MacKenzie said...
    ROFL! I wasn't expecting that!!
    Ron said...
    Bonnie,

    This is great! These are some awesome jokes!
    Jennifer said...
    OMW!
    M. C. Pearson said...
    Hey! It tastes like chicken!

Post a Comment