Friday, December 09, 2005

ANIMAL ESCAPADE - #7




These pictures are from my home town of Scranton, Pennsylvania. My sister, Robin sent them to me. The Hibernating Bear chose to sleep out the winter under a porch on the outskirts of the city. It was tranquilized, dragged out and shipped off to a safe distance from town. No bears were hurt the shooting of these pictures.

A few added quips, that have nothing to do with the above story:

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away...and you have their shoes...

If at first you don't succeed...skydiving is not for you.

It's always darkest before dawn. So if you're going to steal your neighbor's newspaper, that's the time to do it.

8 Comments:

  1. Live, Love, Laugh said...
    Bonnie,

    I love your blog, you are such a hoot. I wish I could meet you in person, I bet you are alot of fun!!! Hope you have a very Merry Christmas!!
    Bernita said...
    heh, heh, heh.
    Denise McDonald said...
    OH MY - OH MY - OH MY!

    I can bear-ly believe it!
    Rachel said...
    Lions, tigers, and a bear, oh my! Glad he was removed and unharmed (other than interupting his sleep!).
    An Ordinary Christian said...
    My son loves bear stories. We have a lot of bears in the mountains around here. They seem to be all over, are they? My son would know. We're going to paint his room with bears on the walls. He likes Grizleys best - I don't even know how to spell it....
    Bonnie S. Calhoun said...
    Two Z's my dear....

    We have a lot of bears here in New York also, but thankfully none of them try to winter the time away under my porch...Or at least I don't think so.

    Maybe I'd better go look.

    That's how they found that one...someone just happened to look under the porch!
    Jennifer said...
    I read that bear story. Amazing!
    Mindy Tarquini said...
    Oh my, Scranton! We were once almost neighbors.

    I thought you looked familiar.

Post a Comment