Thursday, December 15, 2005

DEATH OF A ROLL MODEL

Please join me in remembering a great icon of the entertainment community...

The Pillsbury Doughboy died yesterday of a yeast infection and trauma complications from repeated pokes in the belly. He was 71.

Doughboy was buried in a lightly greased coffin.

Dozens of celebrities turned out to pay their respects, including Mrs. Butterworth, HungryJack, the California Raisins, Betty Crocker, the Hostess Twinkies, and Captain Crunch.

The grave site was piled high with flours.

Aunt Jemima delivered the eulogy and lovingly described Doughboy as a man who never knew how much he was kneaded. Doughboy rose quickly in show business, but his later life was filled with turnovers.

He was not considered a very smart cookie, wasting much of his dough on half-baked schemes. Despite being a little flaky at times he still was a crusty old man and was considered a roll model for millions.

Doughboy is survived by his wife Play Dough, two children, John Dough and Jane Dough, plus they had one in the oven.

He is also survived by his elderly father, Pop Tart.

The funeral was held at 3:50 for about 20 minutes.

11 Comments:

  1. Live, Love, Laugh said...
    oh my goodness! I am so sorry to hear this! lol! I never know what to expect on your site!!!
    Joe said...
    Very cute! A complement to Jeff H.'s "Think Sink" posts of late.
    Ballpoint Wren said...
    The family asks that memorial contributions be sent to the Knead More Dough Foundation.
    Denise McDonald said...
    Too funny -

    His siblings were asked to speak but they didn't rise to the occasion.
    Anonymous said...
    I am truly sadden by the passing of this American icon.
    Anonymous said...
    Hey Bonnie, I see you used my email for your blog. Kuhle! I gave Joe an oppertunity to use it before I sent it out to everyone. He past it up.
    Shelley L. MacKenzie said...
    LOL...I had this on my site not all that long ago. I got a lot of hits from people looking for celebrity deaths lol.

    LOL @ ballpoint wren's comment!!
    Jennifer said...
    It is a sad day. RIP, Dough Boy! It won't be the same without you.
    EV said...
    This IS an absolute hoot! Thanx for the laugh. ;)
    An Ordinary Christian said...
    Are you pulling my leg?
    An Ordinary Christian said...
    Oh, one more thing. Thanks for the advice about not calling Crystal, so as not to act like a "stalker." She never did call back, but I never called back either. I don't want to act like a stalker. That is quite an image. So I will be still and let God be God. Thanks.

Post a Comment