Wednesday, February 01, 2006

PINK by MARILYNN GRIFFITH

This month, as a member of the Christian Fiction Blog Alliance, I have the honor of reviewing Pink (Shades of Style). This is special to me because I count the author, Marilynn Griffith among my blogging friends.

The protagonist of this tale is Raya, sporting a white-blonde afro and her favorite color—pink. She has just come out of a funk from her father letting her down. Now this fresh and funky designer is loose in NY City. Just as she thinks she has the world and men in particular figured out, she gets a "God loves you." from a GQ fashionable guy that makes her legs feel like spaghetti.

The book, Pink uncovers what it takes everyone more than one time to learn. It is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all, and somebody always gets hurt. It just what you do with that hurt that counts.

Marilynn's books are always an emotional roller coaster to read. From laughs to tears, her last book Made of Honor left me wanting more. Now with Pink, those emotions start all over again.

In addition to buying it at Amazon.com, you can buy Pink at ChristianBook.com or your local bookstore like Barnes and Noble.

11 Comments:

  1. M. C. Pearson said...
    Good review there Bonnie! I love Marilynn too...she is so cool.
    Stephen Newton said...
    Bonnie,
    Parrots, macaws, Burmese pythons, and numerous other exotics find their way into Florida's landscape because people have them as pets and either let them go wild and free or they escape on their own. The macaws I photographed actually belonged to someone who let them have free range during the day.

    How's the writing these days?
    Denise McDonald said...
    sounds like an interesting book!
    Bonnie S. Calhoun said...
    Wow, Steve...free range birds...I hope a cat doesn't use them for lunch...that's cool that they actually go home at night!

    The writing is fine albiet sparce. I'm spending my time tying to set up a real .com website...It's way easier using Blogger that what Web page builder uses, but I'm learning.

    I'm still adding layers to Touched by Fire, so I don't feel that it's ready yet again!
    upwords said...
    Bonnie,

    I'm glad you enjoyed MADE OF HONOR. I hope you like PINK too. Hi Mimi! Donnie, I hope you get a chance to pick it up.

    Thanks again,
    Marilynn
    Denise McDonald said...
    Bonnie - the website link isn't working...
    Bonnie S. Calhoun said...
    All fixed Dennie! It's a wonder that I can walk, talk and breath at the same time! LOL
    Jennifer said...
    Sounds great! Thanks for the review.
    Unknown said...
    Boonie, what a manny fresh review. It was succinct and sweet. Can I borrow it for Gospelfiction.com? This year I want to highlight more than just my review of a book, so that the book gets a better balanced view for my readers.

    What's the deal with Touched by Fire?
    Bonnie S. Calhoun said...
    Sure you can borrow it Dee, help yourself.

    I'm still working on Touched...It is growing in suspense complexity and plot weaving...and POV corrections....and a million other things that I've learned
    Vicki McCollum said...
    Bonnie, what a beautiful website! I've saved it to my favorites!
    Vicki, from Christian Fiction Alliance and Fellowship of Christian WRiters

Post a Comment