Thursday, November 03, 2005

CHEERING SECTION

How's everyone doing on their writing projects for the month? I have found that either you love NaNoWriMo or you don't.

I love being required to write each and every day. There really isn't any pressure because the gustapo are not going to come and carry me off to a Siberian gulag if I don't finish. It's just a race against ME! I've spent thiry years playing beat the clock, so this fits my personality. What I had to wrap my little brain around was the fact that this isn't expected to be a finished, ready to hand into a publisher, version.....it will be a first draft....Wheeee!!! The whole manuscript will wind up being about 80,000 to 90,000 words, but this will be a great start.

Brandilyn Collins has started a great three part blog over at Charis Connection on the art of plotting a novel. Drop in, she is phenomenal at it.

Also for those that are not Mork and Mindy directed (NaNo NaNo), Dee Stewart over at Christian Fiction has a similar event called Halo's Eve. Their exploring novel premises. Check it out!

To all those slaving away at the keyboards of the world....NaNu NaNu...Write On!

4 Comments:

  1. Live, Love, Laugh said...
    I am going to go ck out those links right now. Thanks!
    Denise McDonald said...
    Greta way to get me pepped up for the day, Bonnie!

    thanks~ =)
    Unknown said...
    thanks for plugging Christian Fiction Blog. You're such the cheerleader. Nanu Nanu!!
    Bonnie S. Calhoun said...
    Only good things come for good people and we're all in this together! That's for all of you ladies :-)

Post a Comment