Wednesday, November 30, 2005

THE REAL FAIRY TALE ENDING!


Once upon a time,
in a land far away,
a beautiful, independent,
self-assured princess
happened upon a frog as she sat,
contemplating ecological issues
on the shores of an unpolluted pond
in a verdant meadow near her castle.
The frog hopped into the princess' lap
and said: Elegant Lady,
I was once a handsome prince,
until an evil witch cast a spell upon me.
One kiss from you, however,
and I will turn back
into the dapper, young prince that I am
and then, my sweet, we can marry
and set up housekeeping in your castle
with my mother,
where you can prepare my meals,
clean my clothes, bear my children,
and forever
feel grateful and happy doing so.
That night,
as the princess dined sumptuously
on lightly sautéed frog legs
seasoned in a white wine
and onion cream sauce,
she chuckled and thought to herself:
I don't freakin' think so!

7 Comments:

  1. Denise McDonald said...
    So that's why I have all this trouble - my mama never mentioned the no kissing part
    Anonymous said...
    Gee, bash the guys again????
    Stephen Newton said...
    Wow, your blog is looking great. No, Bonnie, you're not blind, the ads are gone.
    Bonnie S. Calhoun said...
    Dennie, I think that was the first thing my mama told me!

    Auhhhh, sorry ric...these are just the ones that my friends are sending me.....we women surely love you men.

    We wouldn't have anyone to complain about without you! LOL!

    Thanks, Stephen, I'm continually working on it. I love to tinker. It gives me an excuse to procrastinate on writing!
    Tempie said...
    Bonnie...

    A first class meal does it every time! We love to be wined and dined! smile

    Tempie
    Anonymous said...
    I knew I didn't like frog legs for some reason.
    Shelley L. MacKenzie said...
    ROFL!! That was great Bonnie!

Post a Comment