Friday, November 04, 2005

I'm leavin' on a jet plane....no not really, but my best friend Bonnie drives fast enough that if I close my eyes, I think we've lifted off. Really, that's her name! There are three Bonnie's in my church. Pastor says, at least when he says Bonnie SOMEONE answers him!

I'm leaving Friday after work to go on retreat with 40 women from Church! Yikes! :-) We're going to learn how to act like ladies and be feminine (fat chance) So we'll be getting facials, and our nails done, and learning how to wear scarves and jewelry...Please kill me now! Shhh...don't tell anyone but we're going to get tiaras to wear, 'cause we're to think of ourselves as princesses! I'll take the poke in the eye with a sharp stick, now...sigh!

Thankfully, I like all of our ladies and the Montrose Bible Conference in Pennsylvania is a fabulous place with exceptionally good food!

I'm taking my laptop, so I won't get behind on NaNoWriMo. See ya' in the funny papers! Back on Sunday!

8 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Nothing like going into a new adventure with a positive attitude.

    A tiara - interesting picture - I'm sure you'll wear it well.

    Have fun.
    Denise McDonald said...
    have a good time -

    a tiara, huh???
    Bonnie S. Calhoun said...
    Waaahhhhhh!!! Help me, anybody. you wait ric, I'll think up some wonderful place for you to have a getaway. Maybe that 'cat site' w'all visited! If I can bring myself to do it, I'll give a picture of the ...gulp....tiara-...don't forget the scarf! (But then it will be committed for posterity....I'll have to think about that)

    I'll have a great time, our ladies are a lot of fun!...tiara....HELP!
    Bernita said...
    Bonnie,think of it this way, as a retro thing. Ladies used to wear them during the Edwardian days with evening dress.
    Think "Retro."
    I wanna see the picture.
    Tempie said...
    Bonnie...enjoy yourself...you deserve it!!!

    *I just can't wait to read your new post on "tiara etiquette!!!" smile

    *I'm still on my hiatus retreat spending quality time with myself for my 51st birthday... God Bless!
    Bonnie S. Calhoun said...
    Sheesh....I'd rather spend my time with a tiara...than an retreat with ME!

    Tempie, dennie, bernita and even ric who's trying to write....uh, nevermind that....help...pray for me!
    Shelley L. MacKenzie said...
    Bonnie, I do hope you enjoy your time at the retreat. Personally, I get the feeling you're putting on an act and can't wait for the tiera, scarf, nail polish bit ;o) lol...otherwise you wouldn't have signed up to go...hehehe!
    Stephen Newton said...
    When I lived in Pennsylvania, I had a flock of plastic flamingos in my front yard. Down here, they're real. One neighborhood on Anna Maria Island has dozens of peacocks wandering the streets and yards daily. They love it there and no one knows why.

    Plastic herons are at least a step in the right direction. Hope your "girly-girl" retrreat makes you feel like a princess.

Post a Comment