Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Bar-B-Que Season...Dog Gone

How cute is this! Run your mouse pointer over it, and she will try to catch it!



adopt your own virtual pet!




LOL...I think I need a permanent link for my blogging buddy Ric Marion's cousin Charley...he is almost as unlimited a source as I have ever come across. Thanks Ric!

Barbecue Season Is Coming:

After the long months of cold and winter, we will soon be coming up to summer, and BBQ season. Therefore it is important to refresh your memory on the etiquette of this sublime outdoor cooking, as it's the only type of cooking a real man will do.

...Probably because there is an element of danger involved.

When a man volunteers to do the BBQ the following chain of events are put into motion:

Routine...

1) The woman buys the food.

2) The woman makes the salad, prepares the vegetables, and makes dessert.

3) The woman prepares the meat for cooking, places it on a tray along with the necessary cooking utensils and sauces, and takes it to the man who is lounging beside the grill - beer in hand.

Here comes the important part:

4) THE MAN PLACES THE MEAT ON THE GRILL.

More routine....

5) The woman goes inside to organize the plates and cutlery.

6) The woman comes out to tell the man that the meat is burning. He thanks her and asks if she will bring another beer while he deals with the situation.

Another Important part:

7) THE MAN TAKES THE MEAT OFF THE GRILL AND HANDS IT TO THE WOMAN.

More routine .....

8) The woman prepares the plates, salad, bread, utensils, napkins, sauces and brings them to the table.

9) After eating, the woman clears the table and does the dishes.

And most important of all:

10) Everyone PRAISES the MAN and THANKS HIM for his cooking efforts.

11) The man asks the woman how she enjoyed "her night off."

...Upon seeing her annoyed reaction, he concludes that there's just no pleasing some women...


"I knew I shouldn't have had that last drink!"

15 Comments:

  1. David Meigs said...
    That sounds about right.
    jel said...
    That said it all!
    Sandra Ruttan said...
    LOL Bonnie!
    Anonymous said...
    Glad you enjoy them, Bonnie.
    Denise McDonald said...
    dogs... kitties... LOL!

    (Thank goodness for the kids computer!)
    Joe said...
    Please! I am at work and must not laugh this loudly!

    I might wake the others.
    Erik Ivan James said...
    Umm...something's wrong here. At my house, the wife sits in the lawn chair, wine-cooler in hand, I do all the above. Thanks for setting me straight on the correct way to BBQ. I'll now inform my wife.
    Bernita said...
    Death!
    The only solution.
    "He'd been drinking, officer, I suppose that's why he fell on the BBQ fork."
    Gordon said...
    Don't forget that we men also push the button that automatically lights the gas grill.
    Ballpoint Wren said...
    Bonnie, Tiger showed me that you could click on the cat and make him jump out of the basket and purr.

    Now my kids are helping me navigate through life, because I'm too slow for them to figure things out on my own. The boogers.
    M. C. Pearson said...
    So true! Oh man! The women rush around but the guy gets the praise. Funny babes.
    M. C. Pearson said...
    Hey, you can also click on 'more' and feed the kitty! Too cute!
    Bonnie S. Calhoun said...
    LOL to you all, and thanks Ballpoint, I've been playing with the cat way to much!

    Mc, you can use the wand with the ball (under more) also...too funny!
    Vanda said...
    I have a purple hedgehog that I can feed, it curls up in a ball and bounchs.

    So true about the BBQ season.
    Bonnie S. Calhoun said...
    Vanda, I go the little cat when I visited your site and saw your hedgehog...so cute!

Post a Comment