Thursday, May 04, 2006

Lost Thoughts...and Stray Kibble

I am so busy writing and editing that I've barely got time to visit all of my blogging friends, read a new book on writing, and create audition posts for Brandilyn Collins new blogging campaign for her Kanner Lake Series. And on thop of that the days are just flying by...it's almost the weekend already.

Then I remember how many things I've forgotten and little old people like the two in the joke below make me think I'm going to have to tie a tag around my neck so i can remember who I am...when I get to that age...sheesh!



There were these two elderly people living in a Florida mobile home park. He was a widower and she a widow. They had known one another for a number of years.

Now, one evening there was a community supper in the big activity center. These two were at the same table, across from one another.

As the meal went on, he made a few admiring glances at her and finally gathered up his courage to ask her, "Will you marry me?"

After about six seconds of 'careful consideration,' she answered, "Yes. Yes, I will."

The meal ended and with a few more pleasant exchanges, they went to their respective places. Next morning, he was troubled. "Did she say 'yes' or did she say 'no'?"

He couldn't remember. Try as he would, he just could not recall. No even a faint memory. With trepidation, he went to the telephone and called her.

First, he explained to her that he didn't remember as well as he used to. Then he reviewed the lovely evening past. As he gained a little more courage, he then inquired of her, "When I asked if you would marry me, did you say 'Yes' or did you say 'No'?"

He was delighted to hear her say, "Why, I said, 'Yes, yes I will' and I meant it with all my heart."

Then she continued, "And I am so glad that you called, because I couldn't remember who had asked me."


"Uhh, hold up...you've got a little spot of kibble on this side!"

7 Comments:

  1. Elizabeth Krecker said...
    Good heavens, I'm not the only one! I can't remember anything. But, then again, I couldn't remember anything when I was in my teens, or my twenties, or my thirties, or my forties. So I guess what's cool about growing older is we finally have something to blame it on!
    Bernita said...
    Bonnie, it's just one has so much more to sort through now...isn't it?
    Anonymous said...
    of course it would be easier if Cousin Charly wasn't sending ten of these a day!
    Gordon said...
    I'll bet that old boy was feeling really special then, wasn't he?
    Sandra Ruttan said...
    LOL Bonnie! Yeah, life gets busy!
    M. C. Pearson said...
    Busy busy bee! Good news, no kidney infection...bad news, kidney stones. Boo hoo!
    WannabeMe said...
    Yeah, I have no memory...maybe that's why I write!

Post a Comment