Thursday, May 18, 2006

Heaven Knows and Trapped

"I'd like to thank the Academy, and God and all the little people who helped me..." Oh...LOL...guess what?

In my real daytime life...as opposed to the writer aspirations that grip my brain...I am a seamstress and clothes designer, especially costumes. This year I won an award for the costumes I designed for one of our local dance studios!

Who knew! They were really wild and colorful...like going back to my purple haze days of the '60's...LOL...As soon as the group pictures come in, I'll post them.






And as for the joke...again thank heavens for Ric's cousin Charley!

After a long illness, a woman died and arrived at the Gates of Heaven. While she was waiting for Saint Peter to greet her, she peeked through the gates. She saw a beautiful banquet table.

Sitting all around were her parents and all the other people she had loved and who had died before her. They saw her and began calling greetings to her. "Hello!" "How are you? We've been waiting for you!" "Good to see you!"

When Saint Peter came by, the woman said to him, "This is such a wonderful place! How do I get in?"

"You have to spell a word," Saint Peter told her.

"Which word?" the woman asked.

"Love."

The woman correctly spelled love, and Saint Peter welcomed her into heaven.

About six months later, Saint Peter came to the woman and asked her to watch the Gates of Heaven for him that day.

While the woman was guarding the Gates of Heaven, her husband arrived.

"I'm surprised to see you," the woman said. "How have you been?"

"Oh, I've been doing pretty well since you died," her husband told her. "I married the beautiful young nurse who took care of you while you were ill. And then I won the lottery. I sold the little house you and I lived in and bought a big mansion. And my wife and I traveled all around the world. We were on vacation and I went water skiing today. I fell, the ski hit my head, and here I am. How do I get in?"

"You have to spell a word," the woman told him.

"Which word?" her husband asked.

"Czechoslovakia."


"Okay...has anybody figured out how to get in there?"

13 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Congrats on the award Bonnie!
    Bonnie S. Calhoun said...
    thank you dear Steve...i've been doing the princess wave all day...LOL!
    Mirtika said...
    Congratulations you award winning designer you.

    You better show us some of your designs, girl!

    Mir
    jel said...
    way to go Bonnie, WOO HOO!!!!!!


    have a great day!
    Anonymous said...
    Wow! Trophy and everything.

    Always knew you were a "trophy" kinda girl!
    Erik Ivan James said...
    Congratulations, Bonnie. You work very hard I'm sure...you deserve.
    Bernita said...
    Queen Bonnie.The Best.
    Me want picures.
    Stephen Newton said...
    Congratulations on your award, Bonnie. Looking forward to seeing the costumes!
    David Meigs said...
    Congrats Bonnie!

    Hurry up with the pics!
    Denise McDonald said...
    WOOHOO!! Bonnie ... that's so great!!! CONGRATS!!!
    Crystal said...
    Hilarious! Oh, and congrats :)
    M. C. Pearson said...
    Such a funny joke. LOVE the trophy...bigger than a plant! Wow! I cannot wait to see the pics! Love ya.
    Ballpoint Wren said...
    Congratulations, Bonnie! And you look so cute doing that princess wave!

    I thought the wife was going to say, "Spell 'antidisestablishmentarianism.'"

Post a Comment