Saturday, May 27, 2006

Lilacs, Robins, and Denny's Aunt

Good weekend. Long weekend. Holiday weekend. I hope everyone has a safe and happy Memorial Day! Summer is finally here. I'm going to spend most of Monday helping my best, here in New York friend, clean out her pond. I'll supply pictures!

These are the lilac bushes at the end of my driveway, in full bloom. I figured I'd better get these up because the Rhododendrons are about to open!



And these three little fellows are the latest robin babies born on my house. I say ON the house because the house is log and on the outside, the logs cross at the corners. Well mama robin has had a nest on the top crosslog of the front porch for the last five years. LOL...all it takes is a little scrubbing to get rid of the poop after the babies fly the coop, which will be any day now. There's not even room for mama in the nest!



These great funny quotes came to me by way of my published author friend Dennie Belinda McDonald's" Yankee Aunt.....

Now that food has replaced sex in my life, I can't even get into my own pants.

Marriage changes passion. Suddenly you're in bed with a relative.

I saw a woman wearing a sweat shirt with "Guess" on it. So I said "Implants?" She hit me.

How come we choose from just two people to run for president and over fifty for Miss America?

A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Wow..that was fun!"

I signed up for an exercise class and was told to wear loose-fitting clothing. If I HAD any loose-fitting clothing, I wouldn't have signed up in the first place!

When I was young we used to go "skinny dipping," now I just "chunky dunk."

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

Wouldn't it be nice if whenever we messed up our life we could simply press 'Ctrl Alt Delete' and start all over? AMEN, AMEN !!

Why is it that our children can't read a Bible in school, but they can in prison?

Wouldn't you know it...Brain cells come and brain cells go, but FATcells live forever.

Why do I have to swear on the Bible in court when the Ten Commandments cannot be displayed outside?

Bumper sticker of the year: "If you can read this, thank a teacher -and, since it's in English, thank a soldier"

And remember: life is like a roll of toilet paper. The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes.

10 Comments:

  1. David Meigs said...
    Have a great memorial day!

    Those quotes... Great ones. Made my day.
    M. C. Pearson said...
    Great pictures...love those cute birdies!

    The quotes were hilarious as usual. My favorite: Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

    I also loved the soldier one. God bless our soldiers!
    Live, Love, Laugh said...
    thanks for the laugh again! Hope you have a wonderful memorial day weekend, may God be with you as you celebrate!
    Bernita said...
    Love the soldier's one too.
    Thank you, Bonnie and Dennie.
    Beautiful bushes. It's been a great Spring for lilacs.
    Anonymous said...
    A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Wow..that was fun!"

    I love this one!

    Thanks for always brightening my mornings, Bonnie.
    Ballpoint Wren said...
    Happy Memorial Day Weekend, Bonnie! My favorite is the first one: "Now that food has replaced sex in my life, I can't even get into my own pants."

    Er... not that it has anything remotely to do with my...um... life.
    Sandra Ruttan said...
    "Marriage changes passion. Suddenly you're in bed with a relative."

    LOL!
    Gordon said...
    This is funny. Some would be even funnier if they weren't so painfully close to home. (e.g. "chunky dunk" and loose-fitting clothes)
    Denise McDonald said...
    Ditto Mimi - God Bless the Soldiers!
    Rulan said...
    Love the robins next. The house we used to live in had swallows nests under the eves until the landlady decided enough was enough. That spring the 5 families of swallows looked rather sad.

    I am looking forward to the pond cleaning photos. Will anyone get dunked? :D

    Thanks for the chuckles.

    Have a great memorial day.

Post a Comment