Thursday, March 15, 2007

Butt...A New Direction

Whee...it's Thursday. I've got a whole new direction to go into..or onto...or whatever you'd call it! If you've noticed I've joined the Google AdSense program...and a bunch of others that I'll tell you about in coming weeks.

I've decided to monetize my blog...Gasp! You say!...What is that, you say! Well that's easy. I'm going to use my blog to make money! Firstly I was turned onto this guy, John Chow.

He started out 6 months ago to try this monetizing thing as an experiment to see what he could do with it. Go read the post, but to boil it all down to a couple sentences...Well the first month he made $352.40...six month later, in February that just passed, he made $7,011.05. That's right...more that seven thousand dollars.

So I've decided to try this. If I make enough a year to pay for the Christian Writers conferences I want to go to, I'll be happy! But see, I've got an ACE in my sleeve...love that card reference, I know several people that that will freak out *snort*.

My Ace is Paula Mooney! This sista has it all together with this advertising thing. She rocks! I'm calling her my monetizing Guru! She's really taught me a lot about this whole process. And as I learn, I'll pass it on to you. Let's see where I can go, and we'll go together!

Here have a joke!

A man and his wife were working in their garden one day and the man looks over at his wife and says: "Your butt is getting really big, I mean really big. I bet your butt is bigger than the barbecue."

With that he proceeded to get a measuring tape and measure the grill and then went over to where his wife was working and measured his wife's bottom. "Yes, I was right; your butt is two inches wider than the barbecue!!!" The woman chose to ignore her husband.

Later that night in bed, the husband is feeling a little frisky. He makes some advances towards his wife who completely brushes him off. "What's wrong?" he asks. She answers: "Do you really think I'm going to fire up this big-ass grill for one little weenie ?"



Wanna make $7.50 to blog about this post?
Click this image to sign up with PayPerPost and check out their Review My Post program:

3 Comments:

  1. Bernita said...
    Very satisfying logic to that!
    Mindy Tarquini said...
    Monetizing? You mean the ads on the side?

    I need to figure a way to monetize my writing.
    Paris David said...
    God is sooooo good!

    Back when I began blogging I didn't even know you could make money blogging!

    Now I'm grateful to make money doing what I love. Just the other day I made an easy 25 bucks in the morning 'cause someone bought a Nintendo Wii thru my Amazon links.

    It's growing and growing and I'm learning more and more about how to get paid royally for all our hard writing work.

    Love to you,
    Paula

Post a Comment