Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Menu Foods Goes To The Dogs

by Bonnie Calhoun

I'll tell ya', you've got to watch every little thing these days. I now have to worry whether some company like Menu Foods is trying to poison my dog. The only reason I say only my dog, is because my cat won't eat wet cat food.

As soon as I heard about the Menu Foods recall, I scurried to their website for a list of the pet food brand names because my dog eats the "cuts and gravy" style food. Poor thing, she's old and not enough teeth left to do much other than gum the food to death!

Now the wild part of the whole story is the famous, or infamous list of brand name pet foods that are manufactured at this same place. There were 50 dog food labels and 42 cat food labels. The companies ranged from the extremely expensive pet food like Iams and Eukanuba, all the way down to the cheap of the cheap, like Cadillac, Price Chopper and Winn Dixie. All at the same place...and you know, all the same formula. So it just goes to show that pet food is basically all the same. Uh, er...hopefully not poisonous!

Thank the Lord, my brand wasn't on there!

Today Menu Foods Income Fund went to the dogs. It apparently went into a free fall nosedive and dropped 45%...just goes to show...you can't mess with people's pets and get away with it, any more than you can mess with people food!


Hey, you can do it to! Wanna make $7.50 to blog about this post? Click here check out their Review My Post program:


Digg!
If you thought it was good...click!

4 Comments:

  1. Bernita said...
    Bonnie, so glad you haven't stopped the personal part of your blog and gone entirely commercial!
    Bonnie S. Calhoun said...
    You'd be surprized how easy it is to do both...and have fun!
    Paris David said...
    Yeah, it was so sad that some dogs died from this. Glad my Rottie eats mostly the dry stuff...but I do put the liquid gravy on top.

    She's been fine.

    Great post, Bonnie.

    Paula
    M. C. Pearson said...
    I'm so glad Deojie eats the hard Purina!

Post a Comment