Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Thur Broeders Rocks!

by Bonnie Calhoun

Good Tuesday...The river is holding, or should I say the banks are holding, the water at bay. so we're all praying. There was a pretty wicked thunder and lightening storm tonight with a deluge of rain. So I spent most of the evening off line, but when I did get back to work...

Thur Broeders rocks!!! He is the awesome programming genius over at Blogger Workshop, and he created this template, in it's unadorned state. But all the CSS I use I utilize in it, I also learned from him!

Well to start, my template was fluid (it squished on smaller screens) and the sidebars loaded first. Since I've started SEO (Search Engine Optimization) I learned that to get the biggest bang for the buck, the main column needs to load first because spiders only gather a certain amount of data from a page.

So, after totally pulling my hair out trying to make the changes myself *snort*, I ask Thur if he would make a fixed, center load first version. Wheeeee!! Thur Broeders rocks...go check out all the other templates that he's made, and he teaches a lot of technique that's really helpful.

And since I spent most of last night working on my template or dodging lighting...that's all folks!

Hey, you can do it to! Wanna make $7.50 to blog about this post? Click here check out their Review My Post program:


Digg!
If you thought it was good...click!


Thank you Thur!

2 Comments:

  1. Bernita said...
    "Thur"
    Great name for a hero.
    Ballpoint Wren said...
    Bonnie! See, I told you it's better to let the center content load first.

    But does the Bonster believe me??? No! She's got to read some high-falutin' SEO article before she takes it seriously!

    Heh!

    But it looks good in Firefox. I'm going to check it out in Safari, too.

Post a Comment